Sunday, January 20, 2013

postheadericon Blackberry Crumble

Last night, Bill and I went on our monthly run to Sam's Club.  

They had blackberries for an excellent price, so I had to get some.  I then came home and searched Pinterest for a blackberry recipe to try.  I found one..and it is good.  

This blackberry crumble would also work well for other fruits, so give it a try as you see blackberries, blueberries and raspberries (dare I say apples?) in your local store.  Have a good week!




Blackberry Crumble
from So Wonderful, So Marvelous

1 quart blackberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla

1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick of butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium bowl, crush blackberries to desired consistency.  (I left it pretty chunky.)  Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.  Spread the fruit mixture into an 8x8 square baking pan.

In another pan (or a food processor), combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and 3/4 of the stick of butter.  Combine until the butter is well distributed and the mixture becomes crumbly.  Press the crumble into the baking pan (covering the fruit).

Add the remaining butter as pats on top of the crumble.  Bake for 40 minutes; the crumble will still be a little jiggly when the time is up, but will harden upon standing.  

As you can see, I served this with ice cream...it was really great for a COLD Wisconsin evening.  I hope you enjoy it!

Sharing this recipe here:

This Gal Cooks
Flour Me With Love
Chef in Training
Back for Seconds
White Lights on Wednesday
Live.Laugh.Rowe.
Foodie Friends Friday
It's Overflowing With Creativity


Until next time, 

Sara

1 replies:

Julie said...

Looks good, Sarah! I saw some blackberries at the store the other day and they looked delicious. I'm going to have to get some one day and find something delicious to make. Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays! I'll be pinning this and sharing it on my Facebook page. Have a fabulous week!

Julie


Sara
Follow Me on Pinterest
Tasty Food Photography eBook

Follow Me On Twitter

Reader Favorites

Topics